University of Amsterdam in the Netherlands invites applications for the fully-funded Amsterdam Excellence Scholarships (AES) open to excellent students from outside the EU/EEA who want to school at UvA. The Amsterdam Excellence Scholarship (AES) is a full scholarship of €25,000, covering tuition and living expenses for one academic year.
Selection is on the basis of academic excellence, ambition and the relevance of the selected Master’s programme to a student’s future career.
- Excellent non-EU/EEA students who have applied to an English-taught UvA (see list of courses below)
- Students from any discipline who graduated in the top 10% of their class may apply.
- Students are selected on the basis of academic excellence, ambition and the relevance of the selected Master’s programme to a student’s future career
- Students receive the scholarship for one year and are expected to maintain good academic standing during the year.
- Students who receive the AES for a two-year Master’s programme will be evaluated after one year of study. The scholarship will only be continued for the second year on the basis of good performance.
Eligible Faculties and Deadlines
- Child Development and Education: January 15, 2018
- Communication: January 15, 2018
- Economics and Business: January 15, 2018
- Humanities: February 1, 2018
- Law: January 15, 2018
- Psychology: January 15, 2018
- Science: January 15, 2018
- Social Sciences: January 13, 2017, 15:00 CET
How to apply
- Applications for the Amsterdam Excellence Scholarship (AES) are made through the admissions office of the faculties and graduate schools.
- As long as you meet all the requirements, you can apply for the AES at the same time as (or after) you apply for your programme
- Some faculties require application by email
- We strongly advise you to visit their website below and click on the relevant programme of interest to see details about their application procedure and criteria.
Deadline: See above.